In the context of the coronavirus pandemic, the protection of students and staff members is our top priority. The Board of Management has therefore made fundamental decisions in line with instructions from the official authorities. We continue to work intensively on all levels to make sure that you will not suffer any disadvantages in your studies due to the situation. / Last updated: 04 November 2020
For information purposes and as guidelines, we recommend factual and sensibly worded information provided by official organisations such as the
Robert Koch Institute (in German and English), the
German Federal Centre for Health Education (BZgA) (in German only) or the
NHS (in English).
Effective immediately, wearing a mask or similar to cover nose and mouth
is now compulsory on the entire HSD campus, inside as well as as outside the buildings, and also during class.
On 26 October 2020, Düsseldorf Student Services (Studierendenwerk Düsseldorf) reopened the dining hall on our campus. Current opening hours: Mon–Fri 11:30–14:00. Limited menu. Online reservation required, max. 48 h in advance (Choose 'Mensa Derendorf', 'Platzreservierung', a seat ('Platz ...'), a date as well as a time slot. Leave your personal details, tick the box at the bottom and click "absenden".)
Current opening hours for students
Effective 12 October 2020, students and guests without a key card can generally enter HSD buildings for classes and examinations Mon–Fri 7:30–20:00 via the respective main entrance at ground level.
Please note the following exceptions:
- Building 1 – Campus IT (by appointment only)
- Building 1 – University Library (see library website for more details)
- Building 2 – Student Support Centre (by appointment only)
- Building 6 – PBSA (by appointment only) – Please contact the relevant Dean's Office (Architecture or Design) to book an appointment.
- Building 9 – seminar rooms (access controlled by security service)
Underground parking area currently accessible only via Toulouser Allee. Please note that you currently cannot enter the builduings directly from the underground parking area, but only via the respective main entrance at ground level.
Protective and hygienic measures:
- As it stands, wearing a mask or similar to cover nose and mouth is compulsory inside and outside HSD buildings, also during class.
- For the time being, you need to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m to others at all times.
- For more information please read the section on health protection.
- Beginning for new students in their first semester: 2 Novemver 2020.
- Beginning for all other students: 19 October 2020.
- End of the teaching weeks: 12 February 2021.
- Usually, all examinations should take place subsequently, by 28 February 2021. If a faculty needs more time to administer all necessary examinations, the examination period may already start on 1 February 2021. Your faculty will let you know in due course in case this applies to you.
Courses in the winter semester:
- The courses in the winter semester take place partly online, partly on campus – depending on current legal provisions and the situation in the context of the coronavirus pandemic. For new students, some classes will be offered on campus to give you the opportunity to get to know HSD and your fellow students. For more information, please contact your faculty or the International Office (Please see the section containing information for international students for contact details).