With the Graduation Scholarship we aim to enable qualified foreign students to concentrate on their studies and the forthcoming graduation through financial support.
The funding period and the amount of the scholarship depend on the funds available and the time of your graduation.
The scholarship amount is usually €700 per month and is awarded for up to four months. The maximum total grant is €2,800. There is no legal entitlement to funding.
Please note: If you work while studying and earn more than €450 gross per month, the scholarship will be reduced by exactly this amount.
Applications are open to students of the Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences
- who are foreign students with foreign citizenship
- who are enrolled at the HSD with the aim of obtaining a university degree
- who are financially needy
- who are in the final phase of their studies (graduation within one year)
- who are in Germany during the graduation phase.
You may not apply if you
- are an exchange student
- have German citizenship or have acquired your university entrance qualification in Germany
- you receive a full or partial scholarship from the DAAD
- are going to be abroad during your graduation phase.
1 February and 1 August
letter of motivation
- evidence of social/intercultural commitment (if applicable)
- currnet overview of grades with indication of average grade
- copy of application for thesis
- reference letter by a HSD teacher (see template)
- copy of the passport (only the page with the personal data)
- statements of account for the last three months
Forms and information sheet can be found in the green box on the right.
Please submit all your documents (single copy) to:
Hochschule Düsseldorf - University of Applied Sciences
The DAAD makes funds available to HSD each year for Completion of Studies Grants. The International Office’s decisions regarding the award of grants are therefore dependent on the availability of DAAD funds.